Here is How to HP Spectre 13 Factory Reset?, follow this step-by-step process to Factory reset or master reset which will restore your device to its original state.
What is Factory Reset?
- The factory reset is also known as Master reset which is a way to restore the electronic device to it’s the previous or original state.
- This is also an attempt to restore to the settings to its original manufacturer’s one.
- This method effectively erases all the data from the device which is often used to fix an issue.
- Devices include Smartphone and laptops.
- In this process, all the data of the device will be erased while data on the SD card as well as pre-installed applications will not be affected.
- Also, Other devices such as Television and GPS units can also be Factory reset.
Methods to Factory Reset HP Spectre 13
- A recovery partition is installed on your computer. Also, This recovery partition is usually installed by your PC manufacturer and can be used to restore a computer.
- A set of recovery discs are available for your Laptop. Also, These discs come with your purchased Laptop and can be used to perform a restore.
- You have the original Windows installation disc or bootable Windows USB. Also, This is the original disc which is used to reinstall Windows.
Method 1: Factory Reset by HP Recovery Manager
- From the Start screen, search for recovery manager and click HP Recovery Manager from the search results.
- Under I need immediate help, click the Windows Recovery Environment.
- Click OK when Recovery Manager asks you whether you want to reboot and enter the recovery environment.
- The laptop restarts. If the recovery partition is on hard disk drive correctly, the Choose an Option screen will display, and then click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click the Recovery Manager option.
- Now Select your operating system when the operating system selection is shown on your screen. At this time, the Recovery Manager opens.
- Now Click Minimized Image Recovery in the first column.
- Lastly, When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option.
Method 2: Reset by using Built-in Reset Option
- Once Factory resetting a computer was a very inefficient and inconvenient process but it was improved in Windows 8 and was included in Windows 10 with many improvements.
- To Reset your PC just Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery where you will see Reset this PC header; Now click the Get started button to begin the process.
- Now you have two options: Keep my Files or Remove everything.
- Also, Confirm the operation by clicking the Reset button and wait until the process completes.
- Lastly, Make sure you have the plug-in to avoid losing power during the process of factory resetting your HP Spectre 13.
3. Method 3: By using the “Fresh Start” Option in Windows 10
- Windows 10 has included a new option to Factory reset the PC by using a Fresh Start option under Device Performance and health.
- You can get started with this option by going to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery page or by searching Fresh start after clicking the Windows button,
- Click the link text Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows under Fresh Start.
- Click Get Started to proceed.
Why Fresh Start can be better from the above options:
- Fresh Start option always keeps your personal files, with no option to remove them like above.
- Also, The Fresh Start option downloads the latest version of Windows 10 while the standard reset option uses the information from the recovery drive.
- This is provided by your PC manufacturer, or if you installed Windows on your own it must be stored in C:\Recovery folder.
4. Reinstall Windows by using Installation Media
If you are not interested in the ways provided above you can use the method of factory resetting using installation media to install the operating system. This method will wipe everything on your HP Spectre 13 and will install a fresh copy of Windows. Learn How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB stick.
- HP Spectre 13 Boot from USB to install Windows or Linux
- HP Spectre x360 Fan Noise and Running constantly Problem Fix