To overclock Intel Atom x5-Z8330 processor you need to unlock the CPU. There are some unofficial ways to Overclock the locked processors but it can damage your CPU.
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking your Intel Atom x5-Z8330.
Remember: Overclocking can result in damage
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Due to overclocking many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking your Intel processor is overheating and more power usage. Ultimately, heating will result in decreasing the life span of your CPU.
Read also –
- Is it safe to overclock my Nvidia Gtx 1080 ti?
- overclocking Ram a safe process or not?
- Is it safe to overclock AMD GPU Rx 580?
Difference between locked and unlocked processors
- You might have been noticed about locked and unlocked processors while purchasing
- Unlocked processors are made with unlocked clock multipliers and are denoted with K
- These unlocked processors can be overclocked by pairing with a proper chipset while locked processors are not overclockable.
- Earlier CPU’s were used to sold unlocked but now nearly every Intel CPU’s are locked
- However, the Intel Atom x5-Z8330 processor may overclock as every processor has the ability to perform more than safety limits but it will result in bricking.
Read also – Is Intel Celeron N3450 Overclock Possible
About Intel Atom x5-Z8330
- Base Frequency: 1.44 GHz
- Lithography: 45 nm
- Product segment: Mobile
- Cores: 4
- Threads 4
- Cache: 2MB
- Instructions set: 64-bit
- Burst Frequency: 1.92
Read also –
- How to overclock Intel Core i3-7167U processor
- Overclock Snapdragon 439 processor
- Overclock Snapdragon 625 to increase the gaming performance
Why you cannot overclock Intel Atom x5-Z8330 Processor?
- A CPU Locking is done to lock the clock multiplier permanently or till the clock limit is not removed.
- So it is a restriction on overclocking or to protect the CPU from further damages.
- These locked models are denoted with ‘K’ in Intel and ‘Black’ for the AMD
- Lastly, If you want to overclock your Intel Atom x5-Z8330 processor then you have to unlock if possible. Since Turbo boost is not available you cannot increase the performance of this processor.