Here is How To Get Rid of this Message – “KVM: disabled by BIOS” by following some commands provided below.
How To Get Rid of this Message – “KVM: disabled by BIOS“
Here are some solutions provided below:
1. Solution 1
Create a file called
(For example, you can use gedit
gksu gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-kvm.conf or nano
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-kvm.conf)
Just insert the following lines on the file above:
blacklist kvm blacklist kvm_intel blacklist kvm_amd
2. Solution 2
What worked for me:
- To Get into BIOS, Turn on the computer and press F2 to see the setup (BIOS) when you see a screen with a black background.
- Go to the “Configuration” tab.
- Select the option “Intel Virtual Technology” and enable it by pressing F5 or F6.
- Press F10 to save and exit. When a prompt message appears asking you to confirm this action, select yes.
- Your computer will restart. Then, it will boot and load your OS and that error will disappear.