In this guide, we will explain Lenovo Yoga 720 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Lenovo Yoga 720.
About Lenovo Yoga 720
- There are many benefits of purchasing Lenovo Yoga 720 such as good battery life, Colorful image output, and sleek design.
- The Laptop’s vibrant screen is a 1080p touch screen which is far brighter and vivid than the competition.
- Lenovo Yoga 720 is powered by an Intel Core i5-8250U CPU with 8GB of RAM and storage of 256GB.
- Lastly, Windows 10 is pre-installed in the Laptop.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to Boot from USB in Lenovo Yoga 720.
Advantages of Booting from USB in Lenovo Yoga 720?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Lenovo Yoga 720
There are some software available for creating a bootable USB in your Lenovo Yoga 720. After creating the bootable USB you have to change the boot order to USB which is shown below.
1. Lenovo Yoga 720 USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Lenovo Yoga 720 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Lenovo Yoga 720 and click on OK
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using the Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo Yoga 720
- Turn your Lenovo Yoga off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Hold the volume-down button and Press and release the power button.
- Release the volume down button as soon as the Lenovo logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot configuration option and move USB to the top of the list.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
Read some installation guides,
- How to install Windows 7 on Lenovo 720 with USB
- How to install Kali Linux on Lenovo Yoga 720 Dual Boot and Live