Here is How to Install Kali Linux On Huawei Matebook X Pro. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About Huawei Matebook X Pro
Huawei Matebook X Pro is one of the most beautiful laptops available in the market. It comes with sensible design and a bright display with a good battery life. Huawei has released the terrific battery life laptops including Matebook D and X. This Laptop is rated as the best laptop for the year 2018. Huawei Matebook X Pro is expensive but it is the most luxurious laptop available in the market. Lastly, there is an overheating issue with Huawei MateBook X Pro.
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U quad-core processor
- Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 – Guide to Upgrade RAM
- Screen: 13.9-inch 3k display
- Storage: 512GB SSD – Guide to Upgrade SSD
Discuss Any Problem with your Laptop on Huawei Matebook X pro official Forum
About Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution that is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering. The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux. Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on you Huawei Matebook X Pro which is as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
- A minimum of 20 GB disk space for the Kali Linux install.
- RAM minimum: 1GB, and recommended: 2GB or more.
- USB or CD-DVD Drive boot support.
Read Also – How to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook X pro
- Download Kali Linux if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following the instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook X pro
- Turn your Huawei laptop off
- You will need to disable secure boot inside the boot menu.
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- To enter the BIOS menu, Press the power button and press the F2 button.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
- Now you can Boot from USB in your Huawei Matebook X pro.
Read also – How to boot from USB in Huawei Matebook X pro
Instructions to install Kali Linux on Huawei MatebooK X Pro
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on Huawei Matebook X Pro,
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux with Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process installing Kali Linux on Huawei Matebook X Pro will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option on this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your Huawei Matebook X Pro.
Welcome To Huawei MateBook X Pro Kali Linux
Read also –
- Huawei MateBook X Pro BIOS Key to enter into BIOS
- Huawei MateBook X Pro Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How to overclock Huawei MateBook X Pro’s CPU
- Common Problems with Huawei MateBook X Pro and their Fix
- How to Factory Reset Huawei Matebook Laptops?
Read some installation guides for Huawei MateBook X Pro:
- How to install Windows 7 on Huawei MateBook X Pro
- How to install Linux Mint on Huawei MateBook X Pro
- Install Ubuntu on Huawei Matebook X pro