The process of installing LineageOS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro is similar as for other Huawei models. Many users have asked about installing LineageOS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro on Infofuge so we will be discussing this process.
About Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20 Pro is powered by Kirin 970 processor with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
- For the camera, it has a Tri-camera (40MP + 20MP + 8MP) for rear and 24MP selfie camera.
- Lastly, it has a battery of 4000mAh
What is LineageOS?
- Lineage OS is an open-source operating system which can be used in Android Smartphone, set-top boxes, and computers.
- This operating system is the successor of the open-source operating system or custom ROM CyanogenMod.
- It was forked from CyanogenMod\’s source code when it announced as discontinued.
- Lineage OS was launched in December 2018. The development builds now covers more than 185 mobile phone models.
- Furthermore, Lineage is one of the most popular Custom ROM with over 1.9 million active installs.
Advantages of installing LineageOS 16 on your Huawei P20 Pro
- It has a Privacy Guard to control the permissions installed apps can use, which gives the same experience as iOS provides.
- LineageOS provides a Pure stock Android for your Huawei P20 Pro which is always up-to-date. Furthermore, it is the main reason why Android users install a Custom ROM.
- The AudioFX app installed in the OS provides which can be used to equalize audio controls.
- Lastly, it has profiles option which can be founded under Settings > Users.
LineageOS 16 is available for Huawei P20 Pro and we will discuss the method of installing LineageOS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro.
- Download LineageOS 16
- Charge your phone up to 80% to 90%
- First of all backup your phone to prevent it from loss.
- You can use Titanium Backup to make the backup successfully.
- Now make sure you have FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- In case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later you should backup system partition.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your computer
Instructions to install LineageOS on Huawei P20 Pro
- First, Unlock bootloader on Huawei P20 Pro.
- Second, Now go to the recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”.
- Third, Connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable.
- Now you can flash the system image using Fastboot mode.
- You have to move the system image into ADB Fastboot extracted folder.
- Now open the ADB Ffastboot folder then open the command window.
- Type following command to flash the system image – Fastboot flash system system.img
- To boot into stock recovery using the following command- Fastboot reboot.
- Now perform a factory reset and enjoy LineageOS on your Huawei P20 Pro.