We will explain Acer Aspire S 13 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Acer Aspire S 13.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Acer Aspire S 13.
About Acer Aspire S 13
- Acer Aspire S 13 comes with a 13.3-inch anti-glare LED-backlit IPS touchscreen display with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- It is powered by 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7-6500U processor with storage of 512GB SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 SDRAM.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 520.
- According to Tecradar, Acer Aspire S 13 has a battery backup of Up to 7 hours and 79 minutes.
- Finally, Windows 10 Pro is pre-installed.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Acer Aspire S 13
1. Acer Aspire S 13 Boot From USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Acer Aspire S 13 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Acer Aspire S 13 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Acer Aspire S 13
- To change the boot order in Acer Aspire S 13
- First of all, turn off your Laptop or restart it
- When your Laptop begins to reboot, start hitting the F2 key to enter into BIOS
- Once the menu appears on the screen, to navigate you can use the up, down, left keys
- Next, in the boot menu use the arrow keys to change the boot order to the USB.
- Save and Exit.
Read some installation guides –
Discuss any problem with Infofuge and start by