By following this guide you can easily download and install OpenKirin on Huawei Mate 20 Pro. You have to follow each and every step carefully for a successful install.
About Huawei Mate 20 pro
Huawei Mate 20 Pro is a flagship phone by the Company. The phone is powered by a 7nm process chipset with the Kirin 980 and 2 Neural Processing Units. Other than processing power it also provides a fourth-generation image signal processor and an LTE Cat.21 modem. These all components make this phone a highly innovative mobile phone. Lastly, it uses a long-lasting 4,200 mAh battery.
OpenKirin is an Android open-source project which is made for Huawei models running Kirin Chipsets. However, It is a kind of Custom ROM for your Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Currently, OpenKirin is not available for new devices including Huawei Mate 20 Pro. But the process of installing OpenKirin ROM on Huawei Mate 20 Pro is provided below. Here is the list of supported devices.
Remember: We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your device. Perform this action at your own risk.
Instructions to install OpenKirin ROM on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- First, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device which is compulsory.
- Your device must be running the EMUI 8.0 version. Installing OpenKrin on other than this version your device may likely get bricked.
- Please ensure to backup your important files and ensure that stock recovery is installed.
- Facebook should be installed, a guide to install Fastboot is here.
- Download the ROM from the Downloads page. Extract the .img file from the compressed file and place it in the same folder where you have installed Fastboot.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB cable. Power down your Phone and hold power and volume down key.
- You should check that your phone has unlocked the bootloader or not. If it is not showing “PHONE Unlocked” and “FRP Unlock” then try to unlock bootloader again.
- Keep your device connected to the PC and open command prompt in the same directory where installed Fastboot and copied the ROM .img file.
- Enter the <name-of-rom-image-file> as shown above.
- Now press enter and see the screenshot below.
- After the completion type the command Fastboot reboot and unplug your phone.
- After completing the booting of ROM perform a factory reset.
- Now you have to boot into the recovery by holding Power + VolUp at the same time. Release the button as the logo appears.
- Finally, Press the “Wipe data/factory reset” button.
- Reboot your device and enjoy it.
All Guides available on the official website: https://openkirin.net