By following this guide you can easily download and install OpenKirin on Huawei P20 Pro. You have to follow each and every step carefully for a successful install.
OpenKirin is an Android open-source project which is made for Huawei models running Kirin Chipsets. However, It is a kind of Custom ROM for your Huawei P20 Pro. Currently, OpenKirin is not available for new devices including Huawei P20 Pro. But the process of installing OpenKirin ROM on Huawei P20 Pro is provided below. Here is the list of supported devices.
Remember: We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your device. Perform this action at your own risk.
About Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20 Pro is powered by Kirin 970 processor with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
- For the camera, it has a Tri-camera (40MP + 20MP + 8MP) for rear and 24MP selfie camera.
- Lastly, it has a battery of 4000mAh
Read Also –
- Download OpenKirin for Huawei P20 Pro, the file can be updated at Xda-developers.
- Mobile should be fully charged.
Instructions to install OpenKirin ROM on Huawei P20 Pro
- First, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device which is compulsory.
- Your device must be running the EMUI 8.0 version. Installing OpenKrin on other than this version your device may likely get bricked.
- Please ensure to backup your important files and ensure that stock recovery is installed.
- Fastboot should be installed, a guide to install Fastboot is here.
- Download the ROM from Downloads page. Extract the .img file from the compressed file and place it in the same folder where you have installed Fastboot.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB cable. Power down your Phone and hold power and volume down key.
- You should check that your phone has unlocked bootloader or not. If it is not showing “PHONE Unlocked” and “FRP Unlock” then try to unlock bootloader again.
- Keep your device connected to the PC and open command prompt in the same directory where installed Fastboot and copied the ROM .img file.
- Enter the <name-of-rom-image-file> as shown above.
- Now press enter and see the screenshot below,
- After the completion type the command Fastboot reboot and unplug your phone.
- After completing the booting of ROM perform a factory reset.
- Now you have to boot into the recovery by holding Power + VolUp at the same time. Release the button as the logo appears.
- Finally, Press the “Wipe data/factory reset” button.
- Reboot your device and enjoy OpenKirin on your Huawei P20 Pro.
All Guides available on the official website: https://openkirin.net
Read also –
- How to connect Huawei P20 Pro to TV via Chromecast
- Huawei P20 Pro Running slow or lagging issue Fix
- How to Install LineageOS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro