Now you can Download and Install OpenKirin on Huawei P20 Lite. Here are the step-by-step instructions to install OpenKirin on your device.
About Huawei P20 Lite
Huawei P20 Lite is another flagship phone by Huawei which is specially designed for performance lovers. This device is powered by Huawei’s own developed HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor. In addition, The chipset used is in this device is of 16nm. For storage, it has 32GB and 64 GB internal storage with 4 GB of RAM. Storage can be expanded up to 256 GB by using MicroSD in the card slot. When it comes to the camera it has 16 MP with 24MP for selfie camera and for main camera 16 MP 2 MP with the depth sensor. Lastly, Huawei P20 Lite is powered by a 3000 mAh non-removable battery.
OpenKirin is an Android open-source project which is made for Huawei models running Kirin Chipsets. However, It is a kind of Custom ROM for your Huawei P20 Pro.
Instructions to install OpenKirin ROM on Huawei P20 Lite
- First, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device which is compulsory.
- Your device must be running the EMUI 8.0 version. Installing OpenKrin on other than this version your device may likely get bricked.
- Please ensure to backup your important files and ensure that stock recovery is installed.
- Fastboot should be installed, a guide to install Fastboot is here.
- Download the ROM from Downloads page. Extract the .img file from the compressed file and place it in the same folder where you have installed Fastboot.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB cable. Power down your Phone and hold power and volume down key.
- You should check that your phone has unlocked bootloader or not. If it is not showing “PHONE Unlocked” and “FRP Unlock” then try to unlock bootloader again.
- Keep your device connected to the PC and open command prompt in the same directory where installed Fastboot and copied the ROM .img file.
- Enter the <name-of-rom-image-file> as shown above.
- Now press enter and see the screenshot below
- After the completion type the command Fastboot reboot and unplug your phone.
- After completing the booting of ROM perform a factory reset.
- Now you have to boot into the recovery by holding Power + VolUp at the same time. Release the button as logo appears.
- Finally, Press the “Wipe data/factory reset” button.
- Reboot your device and enjoy.
All Guides available on the official website: https://openkirin.net