By following this guide you can easily download and install OpenKirin on Honor 8C. You have to follow each and every step carefully for a successful install.
OpenKirin is an Android open-source project which is made for Huawei models running Kirin Chipsets. However, It is a kind of Custom ROM for your Honor 8C. Currently, OpenKirin is not available for new devices including Honor 8C. But the process of installing OpenKirin ROM on Honor 8C is provided below. Here is the list of supported devices.
Remember: We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your device. Perform this action at your own risk.
About Honor 8C
- Honor 8C has a 6.3-inch display smartphone with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.
- The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor with 4 GB of RAM and storage of 32 GB.
- The phone has an attractive design with an expansive display and good rear camera of 13 MP + 2 MP.
- Lastly, it has a Battery of 4000 mAh.
Read Also –
- How to enable automatic Call Recording in Honor 8C
- Honor 8C Battery Drain issue fixed in seconds
- Honor 8C heating issues fixed + other problems also solved
Instructions to install OpenKirin ROM on Honor 8C
- First, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device which is compulsory.
- Your device must be running the EMUI 8.0 version. Installing OpenKrin on other than this version your device may likely get bricked.
- Please ensure to backup your important files and ensure that stock recovery is installed.
- Fastboot should be installed, a guide to install Fastboot is here.
- Download the ROM from Downloads page. Extract the .img file from the compressed file and place it in the same folder where you have installed Fastboot.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB cable. Power down your Phone and hold power and volume down key.
- You should check that your phone has unlocked bootloader or not. If it is not showing “PHONE Unlocked” and “FRP Unlock” then try to unlock bootloader again.
- Keep your device connected to the PC and open command prompt in the same directory where installed Fastboot and copied the ROM .img file.
- Enter the <name-of-rom-image-file> as shown above.
- Now press enter and see the screenshot below,
- After the completion type the command Fastboot reboot and unplug your phone.
- After completing the booting of ROM perform a factory reset.
- Now you have to boot into the recovery by holding Power + VolUp at the same time. Release the button as the logo appears.
- Finally, Press the “Wipe data/factory reset” button.
- Reboot your device and enjoy OpenKirin on your Honor 8C.
All Guides available on the official website: https://openkirin.net