Here How To Update BIOS on your Lenovo Laptop that can fix the problems you are facing with your Laptop. You can download the BIOS update from this page.
Lenovo Group Limited, often shortened to Lenovo, is a Chinese multinational technology company. Incorporated in Hong Kong, it has global headquarters in Beijing, China, operational headquarters in Morrisville, North Carolina, US, and an operational center in Singapore.
More information at Wikipedia
What is BIOS
- BIOS or (basic input/output system) is the first program that loads whenever your computer is turned on.
- Furthermore, it is a software which controls display, keyboard, drives and more.
- Computers are now coming with UEFI firmware installed instead of BIOS but there is a similar role of UEFI too.
- It is made accessible to a nonvolatile read-only memory chip and whenever your computer is turned on the processor passes control to the BIOS.
Uses of BIOS
One can perform many functions with BIOS UI such as:
- Setting or adjusting the system clock
- For Enabling and disabling some system components and Hardware configuration
- Lastly, Selecting boot drives and Setting password prompts for providing secured access to the BIOS user interface.
Benefits of updating BIOS
- Improve the performance of your PC completely
- Issues with Compatibility are fixed
- Shorten Boot time
Is it necessary to update BIOS?
- BIOS is not any big software that can be used to add some new features they have coded to control the necessary components of your PC.
- If your computer is working properly then it is not recommended to update the BIOS on your PC and you will not see any difference in both versions.
- BIOS update can fix the overheating problem with your Lenovo Laptop.
- Also, with new updates, you may experience some new bugs so it is not necessary to update BIOS.
- Lastly, flashing or install a new BIOS is not easy as you think as you have to create a bootable disk and every manufacturer has its own instructions.
Caution: Please Backup your files before updating BIOS
Remember: You are upgrading your BIOS at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage so Do your own research.
Lenovo BIOS Update
Download BIOS Update and Readme File from here
Lenovo BIOS Key
- The BIOS Key for Lenovo is an F2 key
- Hit the F2 key repeatedly to enter into BIOS while rebooting your Laptop.
How To Update BIOS on Your Lenovo Laptop?
There are many ways to update your BIOS but here are some selected ways to update the BIOS easily on your laptop:
Use Lenovo Tools to Update Your BIOS Automatically
There are two tools that can be used to update the BIOS automatically:
1. Lenovo System Update
Lenovo System Update is a software used to update, and install Lenovo drivers, BIOS, and applications. It is supported on the following systems: ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, and Lenovo V, B, K, E-Series.
To update your system such as BIOS and drivers follow these steps
Select the product > click Drivers & software > select System Update.
2. Lenovo Vantage
Lenovo Vantage is a new application by Lenovo that makes it simple to update your drivers, run device diagnostics, request support, and discover apps.
If you have not downloaded Lenovo Vantage yet you can use this download link (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/lenovovantage_22.214.171.124.zip)
Update your BIOS using WinFlash
- Download the latest BIOS to the Windows Desktop for easier use. Use the following steps to find and download the BIOS:
- Open Lenovo support website (support.lenovo.com).
- Enter the system machine type or product name.
- On the product page, click Drivers & Software.
- Filter by BIOS/UEFI, and choose the corresponding OS information.
- Download and install the BIOS following the readme file.
- Right-click the BIOS flash package and choose Run as administrator. Note: Double-clicking the BIOS flash package will not execute this program in Windows Vista.
- Windows will display a self-extracting window, click the Install button.
- Click the Flash BIOS button.
- A warning window will be displayed to remind the user to connect the system power outlet and to provide other flash information.
- Click the OK button. The BIOS update flashing program will run automatically.
Note: Please wait until the BIOS update flashing program completes the installation.
- When the BIOS update is complete, the system reboots automatically.
Read also –
- Lenovo ThinkPad T470 Fan Noise and running constantly fix
- Common Problems with Lenovo ThinkPad T470 with their Fix
- Complete Lenovo ThinkPad X280 overheating problem fix
- How to install Kali Linux on Lenovo Ideapad 110+Dual Boot